Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Clothesline


Since our clothes dryer stopped working properly last week, Ray decided that my idea of a clothesline might be a good one! On Saturday, he and Elise went out bright and early to get started on their Mother's Day project for me. They worked together to dig a deep hole, and by the afternoon, my new clothesline was ready for use! I couldn't have asked for a better gift, considering the timing, and I actually find it satisfying to hang the clothes up and take them down. I'm not sure how to explain it- I bet it sounds weird though! I think we're still trying to get used to that bit of a stiff feeling on our towels and jeans, but by the end of the summer we'll come to love it. Needless to say, the girls think hanging sheets and towels are the best and most fun because they can run through them and have the sheet or towel come up over their head. I'll have to post a picture of the finished product with clothes blowing in the breeze... after the rain's gone! Thank you, Ray for a wonderfully thoughtful gift and job well done!