Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hold Her

So Elise is really, really missing Daddy. He's the first thing she talks about in the morning and the last thing at night. When I got her out of bed this morning, she wanted to cut the grass with Daddy while riding in the back pack when he got home. Throughout the day I randomly hear- "Daddy. Home. Pack Pack (backpack). Gas (grass)!" After her snack this afternoon, I asked Elise what she wanted to do, and she said, "Pack Pack. Gas!" She's going to have to wait for Daddy on that one. While Ray was packing up the car on Sunday, Elise asked if she could go in the car with him. I told her she couldn't go this time, but we would see Daddy on Saturday. She promptly said, "I follow Daddy." Today's newest, and I think dearest, sentiment for Daddy came after her nap. I had just told Elise for the 27th time that yes, she could ride in the backpack and help Daddy cut the grass when he got home from Virginia. She then told me in a bit of a pathetic voice, "Daddy. Hold her. Ees (Elise)." I asked, "You want Daddy to hold you?" And Elise replied, "Yeah. Daddy hold her. Hold her, Daddy." I think Ray is going to have some very tired arms after our visit. It's a good thing he took the "pack pack!"

November 2008- Elise helping to cut the grass.