Sunday, September 6, 2009

Elise's Heaven on Earth

On Thursday, we had two van loads of workers show up in front of our house to istall FIOS for Verizon. When I came downstairs with Rebekah before 7:30, I went to the living room to open the shutters. What I saw would only make Elise's heart go pitter pat. There were about 20 men in hard hats with shovels, brooms, and rakes getting ready to go to work. Since she was in the kitchen with Ray eating breakfast, she had no idea what was going on. I said, "Oh, Elise. You better come look out the window! You are going to LOVE this!" Needless to say, breakfast was abandoned. I quickly took her upstairs to get dressed and let her finish her breakfast outside on the porch while she watched the "boys," as she called them, work. The only time we came inside all day was to put Rebekah down for a nap, use the potty, get Rebekah up from her nap, and to eat lunch. There were wheelbarrows and pick axes, and they even used a jack hammer to make two whole in the street. I'm also pretty sure I heard some kind of a saw. Elise really liked watching them and digging in the dirt piles they made. She was a little sad when they left for lunch, but was glad to hear the generator going before she went down for her nap. I think she probably fell asleep watching them out her bedroom window. The men didn't finish up their work until after 6pm. I wasn't home when they left, but I think Elise was probably a little disappointed. Having them here all day was a dream come true for her!